This summer I also had the opportunity to head back to one of my favorite warm East Coast beach spots, Charleston, South Carolina for another Bachelorette party!
Charleston is a great vacation spot for couples, families, and friends. I love that you can quickly jump from a morning of shopping to a day on the beach to a night out downtown. Although I’ll spare you the details of everything we did that weekend, I’ll share some of the restaurants we hit up
- High Cotton – My favorite spot of the weekend. A classy farm-to-table Southern restaurant that has an incredible menu. As a side, I got the Crispy Brussel Sprouts which I’ll say are the best I’ve ever had – mouthwatering! For my main meal I got the High Cotton Shrimp & Grits with Sausage which was also delicious. I did not leave hungry.
- Hominy Grill – This casual southern spot, known for their brunch has a relaxed outdoor patio. While you’re waiting for your tables they have an outside serving window to order cocktails – don’t miss out on their John Daly! We ordered the jalapeno hush puppies to share and I got the pimento cheese on a pretzel roll. Per my previous posts – those are two of my favorite things! It was delicious.
- Cannon Green – A little bit more on the fancier side, the inside of the restaurant brings me back to the Great Gatsby era. A big open room with a gorgeous courtyard in the back, you go here for aesthetics.
- Leaf Charleston – Another casual spot that has an amazing outdoor area covered in trees where you can relax. We went for lunch and I ordered the Cuban Po Boy which was a little heavy for a hot summer day. However, my friends said the salads and Chicken Pita were right on point.
- Snapper Jacks – We spent a day on Folly Beach and decided to grab lunch at this super casual surf spot. We all ordered frozen cocktails and fish tacos which were refreshing after a hot day on the beach.