This year I added a few new goodies to my day-to-day makeup collection that have really brightened up my look. Lately, people have told me I look like I’m glowing. I don’t know if it’s the new makeup, living in Chicago, or my sweat glands, but I thought I’d share some of my favorite things! I know this is a popular type of post, but I hope you’ll get something out of my old and my new favorites.
In the order I apply:
- Clinique Even Better Eyes: I’ve always had darker circles under my eyes since I was young, and I had yet to find an under eye cream that really helped make them disappear, until this little gem. I put this dark circle corrector on first in the morning and let it dry for about 5-10 minutes.
- DDF Wrinkle Resist Plus Pore Minimizer: This moisturizing serum goes on smooth across your face and neck without getting you too oily. It’s also a great base if you need tinted moisturizer.
- Clinique All About Eyes Concealer: I’ve been using this bad boy since I was in my early teens. Combined with the dark circle corrector, I look more awake than ever!
- Urban Decay Eye Shadow Primer Potion: Makes your eyeshadow stay on all day. If I have to go out after work, my eyeshadow is not one of the things I have to touch up! I only let this set a minute before I put the eyeshadow on.
- Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette: A little bit lighter of a palette than the original, I find that I can go ivory, gold, light gray or light taupe tones mixing and matching the eyeshadow colors in this palette.
- Chella Ivory Lace Highlighter: It depends on the day, time of year, and mood I’m in on whether or not I do an eyeliner on top of my eyelids, but I love this chunky eyeliner in the summer. The ivory color makes your eyes pop and really goes well with the tones from my eye shadow palette.
- Revon ColorStay Black Eyeliner: I’ve also been using this since I was a royal teen under my eyes. I find it much easier to put on than the liquid liner.
- Maybelline Colossal Volume Express Cat Eyes: I buy this in glam black and love how long and thick my eyelashes look!
- Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Repair CC Cream: Smells organic, because it is, but this 12 in 1 multi-tasker stays on most of the day, evens outs your complexion, and gives you a nice color.
- Physicians Formula Multi-Colored Bronzer: Ahh, another old favorite. Great way to make the Irish lady I am look like I have color.
- Kabuki Brush: The best way to apply your bronzer. And its just so fun to say.
- Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat Radiant Touch: Put a little bit just below your eyes and Pop!
- Lips: Some of my favorites pictured here are Mary Kay Cafe Au Lait, Sephora Rouge Shine Lipstick and Maybelline Baby Lips